Friday, December 26, 2008

unschooling at its best.

My older kids were into workbooks. Ethan is so good at just FINDING things that I havent pushed the workbooks. I have some. but I am not sitting down working at them with him. Instead I put them in his room and when he thinks no one is looking there he can be found working on letters and numbers and thinking he is getting away with something. His piano is really something else. every once in awhile he starts out playing and you think OMG! HE IS PLAYING_____________!!! and then he changes and plays something else. he realy NEEDS piano lessons. so far he has taught himself to play winnie the pooh and row row row your boat. In the right environment I think he could take off with music. He used to talk about playing violin, even turning toys into tiny violins but there is just no one here to teach him. Piano would be a good place to start and he can transition to another instrument later. if I can find someone to teach it.....

No comments: