Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little of this a little of that

last night Ethan was reading dick and jane. he always amazes me. He is biologically 6 but I think he is more like a 4 or 5 year old due to the early years and lack of stimulation. so I am always amazed at the things he learns mostly by himself. With a little guidance he just grabs information and remembers. Maia is doing a little workbook and has done half the book in just this sitting. I struggle with sending them to school for a moment of peace but they learn so well at home. How many other 4 and 6 year olds got to watch the inauguration. I never saw one in my entire life. never in school even! and my kids got to watch the entire thing. This was a historic day as well as the beginning of a new chapter in our country and they witnessed it. They sure as heck wouldnt get that at school. I worry about the older kids. they dont seem to enjoy learning like the younger ones do. Chrysta wants to go to school and Cody doesnt. If/when we move they could do PSEO perhaps. They are doing oak meadow but sort of loosely. it satisfies husband that they are studying enough subjects. since I have cut back on tv and computer time Cody seems to have picked up several intersts and projects. He has the aquarium ready for fish. he took care of all of it. from moving it to filling it and putting together the filter and adjusting the heater. It is totally his baby. He got some books at the library about coins and about wood. So maybe there is hope for him to have SOME interest outside the computer.

No comments: