Monday, August 4, 2008

more paperwork!

so far there are minor annoyances with IQacademy. things like required elective. either its required or its elective. how can it be both? and if they dont take all 6 credits they dont qualify as full time and dont get the use of the computer. And since I have only ONE computer I cant really have them both doing online school without the use of the computer loans.So they will take the basics like language arts, math, science, social studies, the required electives, and another elective. Chrysta wants to take Spanish. Cody wants to take web design. I hope this works out. Both are taking math above their grade level. Cody will take algebra 1. Chrysta will take math 8 since she did math 7 last year. I hope this goes well. I have my doubts. If it sucks the big one we can always withdraw, return the computers, and find another way to do things. But I am not telling them that is an option. I dont want them to think oh its too hard, too boring, etc and think they can just quit. I wish I could have found a secular curriculum that goes up through high school without resorting to PS. But I didnt find any that were suitable. School starts sept 2.

No comments: