Thursday, October 23, 2008

Theater!

We went to the theater to see peter pan yesterday. It was a large group of homeschoolers. It was a group of us that we have dubbed the Obama Mamas. Then we went to the BRAND NEW library. It is times like these I really LOVE homeschool. Our kids get to do so many neat things. There were a bazillion other kids there from PS but I get to be with them when they discover these joys. I get to watch their faces light up. I get to explain them that when the curtain goes down but it stays dark they are just resetting the scene, it doesnt mean it's over. There were a few moments where it was kind of hectic ie when we were coming or leaving and ten bazillion kids in two straight lines, and probably one named madoline. They were like a mob! I also saw some inappropriate behavior and I just shook my head, knowing my kid isnt going to be exposed to that. not that they were outright naughty kids but I saw some gestures from the kids behind us that were just not the kind of behavior I want my kids to learn. It was a good day. They learned about theater etiquette, they learned about sets, and how they change. They got to see actors and actresses in action, rather than on tv. They got to see that so much more goes into a play than just the acting, dancing, singing. They even got to see the musicians in the pit! All in all it was fun, and educational too.

No comments: