Monday, May 12, 2008

Homeschool year is ending

We are getting tired of school. We have not done much in the last week or so. I find that spring gets us wanting to follow other pursuits. The young ones need to finish their apple lapooks. I also have stuff for money lapbooks if we get around to it. If we dont we can always do it next year. Cody is working on a model airplane he picked up at a rummage sale and Chrysta is baking. Ethan is happy to be outside again. Even though the weather hasnt been the greatest I would have to say, based on the color of his feet, summer has begun. His little pink feet are now blackish. He loves to be barefoot so his feet get SO DIRTY they wont come clean no matter how hard I scrub. Happens every year!= ) Maia has learned to write her name and is practicing that. Ethan is starting to read things, without knowing he is actually reading! I know we will still do things throughout the summer but we won't be tied to books and schedules. YAY! This year the "spring fever/burnout" and urge to send them to school was greater than ever before. I went to Kindergarten round up and it was a good experience for me. I know now that I will keep schooling them. I was so underimpressed with the school. It is good to know though what it is like there.

No comments: