Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We saw something exciting!

We went to the history museum to see one of the original declaration of independence. the only one that is allowed to travel. It was neat to see it up close but it would have been more fun without the little ones. They were rambunctious to say the least. but hey we can at least say we SAW the declaration of independence up close and personal. it is not a vague idea of something written somewhere. we saw it. Now would be a good time to do a unit on the declaration but I have no energy to do that.

While there we also saw exhibits about MN sesquicentennial. I got to go through my favorite exhibit where they follow the life of one house and the many inhabitants that lived in it through the years.

1 comment:

~CarolynA said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Where did you get the Dancing Water name? I love it. I googled it and there were no others!! It should be the name of the HS co-op. After we renovate that building it would be so close to the lake and the name is perfect.

It would be a good thing to be visible for all those people that say, "I wish I could HS"

Then we would have an art building, a gym, a soon I hope community kitchen for home ec cooking classes/ school food production, and of course the library as well as our own, and field trips.

I have had the vision of this for so many years.Dream BIG? OK